|Developer(s)||Beenox (Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, 3DS)|
|Platform(s)|| Xbox One
Xbox 360 PS3 PS4 Wii Wii U 3DS PS Vita
| Single Player
- "Within Every Good is Evil. Unleash it."
- —The game's tagline
Skylanders: Unleashed is a new entry in the Skylanders series, developed by Beenox and published by Activision. It is the sequel to Skylanders: Cosmos. The game revolves around the Unleashed Skylanders, who can morph into their UNLEASHED forms at any time during gameplay. For the first time ever, Giants will be returning. It is the only game to bring back a special Skylander type from a previous game.
Once, many years ago, there was a team of thieves. They were very skilled at their job, and soon became notorious for their crimes. Then, one day, they had the idea to pull off their biggest heist yet.
They were going to loot the Emerald Temple, birthplace of countless brave heroes. Planning to take the 13 Ancient Emeralds, they were caught up in their own foolishness. The emeralds morphed with the crooks and placed a curse on them. The team of eight was not to awaken until the world needed them most.
Hundreds of years later, Skylands was overrun by a new villain. The thieves were finally free of the curse. Not long after, Master Eon was alerted of their presence. He eventually got them to agree to help, and to join the Skylanders.
Once again, the story is driven more by the Skylanders than the previous games. Some certain Skylanders even play extremely important roles normally only taken by characters like Flynn.
Every Skylander from the previous games is compatible with Skylanders: Unleashed.
The color on the bottom of each figure is now silver.
- Master Eon
- Sugar Buzz (Unleashed)
- Rising Dawn (Lightcore)
- Starstruck Mage Gaze (Lightcore)
- Chime (GIANT)
- Hot Spring
- Spark Shot (Unleashed)
- Scattered Ashes (Lightcore)
- Aromatic Candle (Lightcore)
- Mortar (GIANT)
- Chupacabra (Unleashed)
- Possessed Puppet (Lightcore)
- Frozen Ghoul Goyle (Lightcore)
- Whisper (GIANT)
- Gasquatch (Unleashed)
- Turbo Leaf Blower (Lightcore)
- Sneaky Bandit (Lightcore)
- Cross (GIANT)
- Scatter (Unleashed)
- Hazard Smokescreen (Lightcore)
- Swift Aero (Lightcore)
- Moo Chute (GIANT)
- Cannon Ram
- Slam Dunk (Unleashed)
- Furious Fist Bump (Lightcore)
- Spiny Rockodile (Lightcore)
- Colossus (GIANT)
- Bot Rocket (Unleashed)
- High-Jump Sproing (Lightcore)
- Avalanche Hourglass (Lightcore)
- Heavy Duty (GIANT)
- Lochness (Unleashed)
- Jet Fountain (Lightcore)
- Muddy Splash (Lightcore)
- Kraken (GIANT)
Main Article: Skylanders: Unleashed/Catchphrases
Main Article: Unleashed
Although it does not change much compared to Skylanders: Aqua Squad and Skylanders: Cosmos, Unleashed still does introduce a few new elements. The biggest one is obviously the ability to evolve during gameplay. This of course only applies to the Unleashed Skylanders.
This entry is a lot more puzzle-based than the others. Every element is put to good use, and each character feels special in some way.
Everything included in the previous game is back. This includes boulders, Feats of Strength, Giants Chests, Swap Force Zones, Shock & Bolt, Lock Puzzles, and sliding areas.
Once again, the Swap Force portable is perfectly compatible with the Unleashed Skylanders and every other Skylander.
PS3/XBOX 360/Wii/Wii U/PS4/XBOX ONE:
- Portal-Owners Pack: Includes Sugar Buzz, Hot Spring, and Hazard Smokescreen
- Starter Pack: Includes Portal of Power, Sugar Buzz, Hot Spring, and Hazard Smokescreen
- Portal-Owners Pack: Includes Bot Rocket, Cannon Ram, and Crazy Cuckoo
- Starter Pack: Includes Portal of Power, Bot Rocket, Cannon Ram, and Crazy Cuckoo
Chapter 1: The Skyrunner
Chapter 2: Mystic Mines
Chapter 3: Torrential Temple
Chapter 4: Scorching Shrine
Chapter 5: Queen Splashfire's Rage (BOSS BATTLE)
Chapter 6: Lost Labs
Chapter 7: Journey To the Center of Flynn
Chapter 8: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 9: Illusion Land
Chapter 10: Night of the Living Nightmares (BOSS BATTLE)
Chapter 11: DrowTech Inc.
Chapter 12: Drow Kingdom
Chapter 13: Cabin Fever
Chapter 14: Firework Fountains
- Huntress and Spiritress are similar in other ways than their names. For example, they are both female, use some form of enchantment, and use some kind of weapon to cast spells.