Skylanders: Elementals is the fifth installment in the Skylanders franchise. It introduces 25 new playable Skylanders, including old characters from The Legend of Spyro series, Crash Bandicoot series, and Ratchet and Clank series. It also introduces multiple new gameplay mechanics with the new Elementals characters, the over 40 returning characters now known as Supremes, and also includes awesome ways to involve your old Skylanders from Skylanders: Giants all the way to Skylanders: Trap Team.
Playable Characters Edit
- Aqua Fangs: Water Elemental with the appearance of a lion made out of ice with a blue floating water mane and and blue floating water tail tip. His optional third attack consists of either creating a tsunami in front of him, reflecting projectiles off of his body, or dividing himself into two smaller verisons of himself that attack enemies for ten seconds before becoming a controllable whole again. His Soul Gem causes a large ice spike rocket to launch from the ground and home in to the most powerful enemy on screen after using his third attack. Soul Gem in ???.
- Cyril: Water Elemental with the appearance of Cyril from the Legend of Spyro series, but with the general dragon look featured in the game. His optional third attack consists of either shooting a large spear of ice after breathing ice, creating an avalanche, or making ice shards rain down. His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the third attack button to become a massive spirit of ice that deals massive damage. Soul Gem in ???.
- - Frosthound: Water Elemental with a slightly altered appearance to his version in Skylanders: Swap Force. His optional third attack consists of either freezing every enemy on the screen, turning the whole ground into ice that enemies slip on, or barking rings of water that get bigger and more dangerous the farther they travel. His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the third attack button to select a large area on the ground to have a massive glacier fall on top of, dealing extreme damage to enemies. Soul Gem in ???.
- Volteer: Air Elemental with the appearance of Volteer from the Legend of Spyro series, but with the general dragon look featured in the game. His optional third attack consists of either turning itno a dragon-shaped storm cloud that can walk through solid objects (except for walls) that damages enemies, turning his tail into a whip of lightning that, when the button is released, can kill almost any enemy, or turning his wings into pure lightning bolts that deal damage to whatever they touch. His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the third attack button to become a massive spirit of lightning that deals massive damage. Soul Gem in ???.
- Flashfin: Air Elemental with a slightly altered appearance to his version in Skylanders: Swap Force. His optional third attack consists of either breathing a tornado of air at enemies, turning into a small gust of air that can't be damaged for five seconds, or shooting even more powerful red lightning beams out of his eyes. His Soul Gem allows him to send an army of mini-Flashfins that deal heavy damage to the closest enemies. Soul Gem in ???.
- Ringmaster: Air Elemental with the form of a human made out of rings of air with two glowing eyes. His optional third attack consists of either spilitting himself into all of his ring components that attack all nearby enemies before becoming a whole again, shooting all of his component rings in a single direction dealing massive damage, or creating a massive tornado out of his component rings. His Soul Gem causes enemies to be sucked into Ringmaster's body if they are close enough, which are spun around and spat out after dealing damage. Soul Gem in ???.
- Simianite: Earth Elemental with a similar appearance to the Stone Monkey The Stone Monkey in Skylanders: Swap Force, but more humanoid, with a long tail, emerald goggles, an emerald sword strapped to his back, emerald shin guards, and a belt starpped diagonally across his chest holding bananas. He wields a banana/rock bazooka. His optional third attack consists of either increasing the size of his fists and slamming the ground to cause a massive sonic wave, spawning in up to ten banana food-items to replenish health, or summoning rocks from the ground that merge into his body transforming him into a much larger bazooka. His Soul Gem increases him in size whenever he kills an enemy, which in turn strengthens him more and give shim more XP. Soul Gem in ???.
- Terrador: Earth Elemental with the appearance of Terrador from the Legend of Spyro series, but with the general dragon look featured in the game. His optional third attack consists of either turning into stone whatever Terrador's earth breath hits, creating a line of rock shards launching up from the ground and damaging enemies, or breaking himself down into a swirling horizontal tornado of rocks that can be controlled and deals heavy damage. His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the third attack button to become a massive spirit of earth that deals massive damage. Soul Gem in ???.
- Terrasquid: Earth Elemental with a slightly altered appearance to her version in Skylanders: Swap Force. Her optional third attack consists of either launching emerald/rock squids at enemies like explosives, drilling into the ground and popping out of the ground a distance away from the starting point and dealing heavy damage, or creating a rock wall that enemies can't penetrate for ten seconds but you can still fire your ink beams through. Her Soul Gem causes her to be fire-resistant, and when she walks into fire, she can then launch ink attacks (second attack) that are on fire. Soul Gem in ???.
- Ratchet: Tech Elemental with the appearance of Ratcet from the Ratchet and Clank movie. He is featured in the Starter Pack. His optional third attack consists of launching powerful grenades that can be upgraded to be sticky grenades, weilding a massive gun that chains on to enemies and deals extreme damage, or teleporting three blocks forwards, and when he appears, a massive ring of damage is sent off. His Soul Gem make shim wear one of his suits from Into the Nexus, which increases the potency of his third attack. Soul Gem in Snowfoot Hills.
- Clank: Tech Elemental with the appearance of Clank from the Ratchet and Clank movie. His optional third attack consists of using his helipack to reach points it would take a long time to access instead of just double jumping, shoot a beam out of his torso that shrinks enemies (smaller ones are instantly killed by this), or throwing time bombs which slow enemies down and forbid them from attacking. His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the first attack button to target an enemy and zap it into gold and experience. Soul Gem in Rocksolid Grasslands.
- Downloaded: Tech Elemental with the appearance of an anthropomorphic buffalo wearing a technological suit with lots of gadgets on it. He carries a hacking device in his hand which can transform itself into a laser gun. His optional third attack consists of either earning more gold from hacking into enemies, being able to control enemies and who they fight once hacked into, or downloading enemies into the hacking device and then placing them down where they fight on their own (just like Pokemon). His Soul Gem allows him hack into enemies even if they are through walls. Soul Gem in Rocksolid Grasslands.
- Fruitjuice: Life Elemental with the appearance of a man made out of vegetables (his head is an apple his torso a bana, his arms cucumbers, his legs watermelons, hsi hands tomatoes, and his feet watermelon slices). He wields a carrot sword. His optional third attack consists of either turning into a mix of fruit juices and teleporting through solid objects, sending an air strike of carrots laucnhing down in the direction of the strongest enemy on the screen, or slowly recuperating up to full heath. His Soul Gem turns enemies into fruits and vegetables onc ethey are killed, which Fruitjuice absorbs to finally become the size of a Giant where his strength is massively increased. Soul Gem in ???.
- Tree Spirit: Life Elemental with a slightly altered appearance to her version in Skylanders: Swap Force. Her optional third attack consists of either growing two sunflowers out of the ground that act like turrets, targetting an enemy and swallowing it with vines, or using photosinthesis to become a much larger and more powerful verison of herself. Her Soul Gem allows her to hold down the third attack button to become a tree version of herself where her health is fully replenished and her defense is increased extremely. Soul Gem in Shipwreck Shores.
- Crash: Life Elemental with a slightly altered appearance to himself, Crash Bandicoot, from Crash of the Titans. His optional third attack consists of either summoning massive boulders that Crash then ground pounds to cause extreme damage, summoning and riding the monster seen in the cover of Crash of the Titans, or becoming a version of himself made entirely out of plantlife for thirty seconds, where he suffers less damage and projectiles are bounced off of him. His Soul Gem allows him to increase the effects/duration of his third attack. Soul Gem in Robotic Fields.
- Puss 'n Bow: Magic Elemental with the appearance of an anthropomorphic siamese cat wearing a rag as short trousers and a single piece of gold armour on his left shoulder. He wields a bow and arrow, with a quiver strapped to his back. His optional third attack consists of shooting from 2 to 5 arrows at once, becoming invisible, or spawning in and riding a tiger-like Siamese cat that can't be controlled but attacks enemies while you still have the ability to shoot arrows. His Soul Gem allows him to become a purple crystal version of himself for ten seconds where any enemy he hits is instantly killed (unless it is a boss fight). Soul Gem in Cold Lava Fountains.
- Umbrello: Magic Elemental with the appearance of a purple umbrella with its umbrella part being lighter or darker shades of purple, and each section either has a happy face, sad face, or angry face on it. His optional third attack consists of either doing his second attack of shooting forwards as an arrow but being able to keep the speed and control the movement (doesn't do damage), teleport to a random location and have the last location erupt a purple lightning bolt that chains onto enemies, or making purple acid rain come down that damages enemies. His Soul Gem causes his colour to change like the Portal of Power's does, which increases his strength and speed. Soul Gem in ???.
- Gladiatum: Magic Elemental with the appearance of a humanoid made entirely out of purple glowing Traptanium crystals. His body emits light and he is holding a crystal sword and crystal shield with the Magic element symbol embossed onto it. His optional third attack allows him to recover health while not being able to take damage for ten seconds, turning his sword into an axe that deals more damage for twenty seconds, or sliding in any direction leaving a flat vortex portal trail that sucks enemies into it and spits them back out. His Soul Gem allows him to grow in size every time he kills an enemy, and whenever he grows, his strength and XP gaining are increased. Soul Gem in ???.
- Fireworks: Fire Elemental with the appearance of a four-armed, four-legged soot and coal creature with orange sparks flying off of him every now and then. He has a bright red glowing smirk mouth and red sunglasses (shades). He also has a spiky head of hair coloured red and yellow. He is featured in the Starter Pack. His optional third attack consists of either having fireworks fire at all enemies on the screen dealing heavy damage, growing bigger and setting himself alight to deal more damage, or breathe a beam of lava. His Soul Gem allows his fireworks to last longer and deal more damage. Soul Gem in Cold Lava Fountains.
- Ignitus: Fire Elemental with the appearance of Ignitus from the Legend of Spyro series, but with the dragon look featured in the game. His optional third attack consists of either becoming a tornado of fire, breathing a ring of fire around him that then sends a pulse of fire out towards enemies with the centre being Ignitus, or wherever he walks, leaving a trail of lava behind him that enemies walk into and receive extremely heavy damage. His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the third attack button to become a massive spirit of ice that deals massive damage. Soul Gem in ???.
- Magma Booger: Fire Elemental with the appearance of a ball of slime made enytirely out of lava and molten rock. A flaming face is carved into the front, and he moves by rolling around (even over his face). His optional third attack consists of either dividing himself into four smaller versions of himself, one of which you can control, becoming a tidal wave of lava that cannot take damage for as long as it remains lava, but deals light damage only, or launching part of himself at an enemy and taking control of its body (forcing the enemy to attack other enemies). His Sol Gem allows him to stretch his body and then launch himself forwards at high speed, doing extreme damage. Soul Gem in ???.
- Malefor: Undead Elemental with the appearance of Malefor from the Legend of Spyro series, but with the dragon look featured in the game. His optional third attack consists of either becoming a darkness cloud that deals damage to enemies when it contacts them, becoming a shadow potrayed on the ground that can walk through solid objects and that enemies won't see, or stealing the soul of an enemy, killing it, to replenish full health. His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the second attack button to kill all enemies on the screen (once per level). Soul Gem in ???.
- Scallywag: Undead Elemental with the appearance of a viking skeleton with glowing red eyes and wearing a fur coat and shin guards, weilding a spear and circular shield with a skull embossed onto it. His optional third attack consists of either swapping places with an enemy, instantly killing it; firing randomized enchanted arrows (that can differ from instant killing, making it fight other enemies, knocking it backwards far away, or setting it on fire), or being able to throw the spear and wherever it lands, it becomes a vortex that sucks enemies in and spits them out dead or seriously damaged. His Soul Gem causes his first and second attacks to do increased damage. Soul Gem in ???.
- Tricerasaur: Undead Elemental with the appearance of an anthropomorphic armoured Triceratops carrying a club and T-Rex skull shield. His optional third attack consists of either transforming into a massive normal uncontrollable Triceratops that deals extreme damage, ground-poudning with his club to summon a T-Rex soul that kills enemies for five seconds, or recovering instant full health. His Soul Gem allows him to grow three purple shields (just like the ones stronger enemies have meaning they can't take damage) by holding the third attack button. You can only take damage once enemies destroy all of the shields. Soul Gem in ???.
- Master Eon: All-Elements Elemental with the appearance of Master Eon but with golden shoulder pads and shin guards, carrying his magic staff. He can access all Elemental Gates that aren't Giant Gates, Swap Gates, or Traptanium Gates. His optional third attack consists of shooting elemental beams at enemies that are of a different element each time, and each element has its own effect; destroying all of the enemies on the screen (once per level to three times per level), or encasing an enemy in a Traptanium prison that is impenatrable and the enemy will stay like that forever. His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the third attack button to allow all defeated Skylanders to be revived. Soul Gem in ???.
- Incendio: Fire Skylander with the appearance of a tiger made entirely out of magma and lava. He has the ability to change into any animal he wants that have different attacks. His optional third attack consists of either turning into a gorilla that has extreme strength, an eagle that can fly freely, or a shark that can swim in lava pools (no button, automatically turns into shark). His Soul Gem allows him to turn into a giant elephant that has massive strength and defense by holding down the third attack button. Soul Gem in Cold Lava Fountains.
- Rush Hour: Fire Skylander with the appearance of a giant tire being driven by a red man in a racing suit. He has the ability to catapult magma boulders. His optional third attack consists of either throwing poisoned magma boulders, throwing explosive magma boulders, or throwing electric magma boulders. His Soul Gem makes him move at three times his regular speed. Soul Gem in ???.
- Deep Blue: Water Skylander with the appearance of a blue stick man with big pale blue eyes. He has the ability to stretch to any length. His optional third attack consists of either ground pounding with extremely large fists, killing enemies that are sucked into a massive ball Deep Blue can turn into, or riding a rapid tidal wave that deals damage to enemies. His Soul Gem allows him to target an enemy and turn him into water by holding the first attack button. Turning enemies into water sucks up their water and increases Deep Blue's strength. Soul Gem in Shipwreck Shores.
- Squidopus: Water Skylander with the appearance of a pink octopus/squid creature based off of this design. Her optional third attack consists of either launching Squidopus babies like you'd thow a bomb that attack enemies near to where they land, leaping into the air and landing to release an ink wave that damages enemies it hits, or being able to dash forwards inside a wave of water (draw a circle to cause a massive ink explosion). Her Soul Gem allows her to blind all enemies on screen for ten seconds by holding down the second attack button. Soul Gem in Robotic Fields.
- Absailigator: Earth Skylander with the appearance of a crocodile wearing an absailing suit and funky orange goggles. His optional third attack consists of either surrounding a rock wall around the closest enemy and having it collapse on it, summoning a stone crocodile that attacks enemies and deals massive damage for ten seconds, or allowing him to climb walls and leap off of them, ground-pounding to cause a seismic wave that deals extreme damage. His Soul Gem allows him to summon a giant stone sword and smash it into the ground, killing any enemy it hits, by hodling the third attack button. Soul Gem in Rocksolid Grasslands.
- Demon Punch: Earth Skylander with the appearance of a winged rock demon based off of this design. His optional third attack consists of launching a fist missile that has a massive explosion radius, becoming a spirit that can walk through enemies and when he does, it deals damage, or breathing a beam of sand and rocks out of his mouth. His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the first attack button to shoot emerald laser beams out of his eyes that turn enemies into emeralds and currency (no XP though). Soul Gem in Robotic Fields.
- Snakebit: Magic Skylander with the appearance of an armoured anthropomorphic snake with variety of potions tied to his armour. He is based off of this design. His optional third attack consists of either summoning a lightning storm by raising his sword, becoming a giant crystal snake that deals massive damage, or throwing a large potion that chains electricity to enemies. His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the third attack button to charge an explosion potion that deals extreme damage in a massive explosion radius. Soul Gem in ???.
- Dark Magic: Magic Skylander with the appearance of a winged lion with a demon's tail and gorilla's posture. He is based off of this design. His optional third attack consists of either breathing a moving purple mist that damages enemies, dashing forwards leaving a line of lightning behind him, or flying freely (up to three blocks up). His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the second attack button to swap places with the most powerful enemy on the screen and kill it. Soul Gem in ???.
- Colon D: Tech Skylander with an appearance based off of this design but with the symbol :D on the "face" part. His optional third attack consists of either launching a sticky grenade from his rocket launchers, charging up a dash and dashing forwards at very high speeds, or opening the roof of the tank to transform a turret out of it that shoots enemies for five seconds. His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the third attack button to shoot a red laser beam out of the rocket launchers that deals extreme damage. Soul Gem in ???.
- Steelware: Tech Skylander with the appearance of a hunchback silver robot weilding a massive shield. He is based off of this design. His optional third attack consists of either firing rockets from his shield, launching a bomb out of his mouth, or targetting an enemy, scanning it, and causing it to instantly explode into XP. His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the second attack button to charge up his shield charge, which does increased damage. Soul Gem in ???.
- Jupiter Chompy Trap: Life Skylander with the appearance of a large plant monster spwaning from the soil beneath him. He is based off of this design. His optional third attack consists of reaching forwards and ground-pounding, spawning a vine spike two blocks distance in front of him, or spitting seeds at enemies that wrap vines around them and slow them down. His Soul Gem replaces his second attack with a new one that allows him to swallow any enemy whole (except for a boss). Soul Gem in ???.
- Forest Dude: Life Skylander with the appearance of a walking tree, based off of this design. His optional third attack consists of either creating a forest around enemies that then collapses on top of them, spawning a tree from the ground, tearing it from the ground, and throwing it like a spear to deal extreme damage, or shrinking down to the size of a flower and then reappearing in a random place on the screen. His Soul Gem allows him to hold down the third attack button to grow two more arms to increase his strength. Soul Gem in ???.
- Storm Hawk: Air Skylander with the appearance of a white griffin with blue light coming from inside the body. It is based off of this design. Her optional third attack consists of either....
Single Character PacksEdit
- All Regulars except for ones featured in Triple Character Packs and Battle Packs.
- All Elementals except for ones featured in Battle Packs and Starter Pack.
Triple Character PacksEdit
- Elemental Master Eon + Kaos' Fortress
Lightcore Double PacksEdit
- Lightcore Elemental Ratchet + Lightcore Elemental Clank
- Lightcore Elemental Ignitus + Lightcore Elemental Malefor
- Lightcore Elemental Crash + Lightcore Elemental Scallywag
- Lightcore Elemental Puss 'n Bow + Lightcore Elemental Flashfin
- Lightcore Elemental Aqua Fangs + Lightcore Elemental Gladiatum
Re-Release Triple PacksEdit
- Re-Released Tree Rex + Re-Released Swarm + Re-Released Thumpback
- Re-Released Wash Buckler + Re-Released Blast Zone + Re-Released Magna Charge
- Re-Released Snap Shot + Re-Released Wallop + Re-Released Wildfire
- Elemental Mineralyte
- Elemental Ratchet
- Elemental Fireworks
- New Portal of Power
- Actual Game
- Character Cards
The new Portal of Power for Skylanders: Elementals is very different. It has a slightly smaller main portal, but to the lower right corner, there are three Traptanium Crystal slots, and in the lower left corner, there are two smaller portals where only one regular Skylander can fit (this is for Battle Packs and bonuses). Surrounding the rest of the main portal are eight representatives of the elements in this order: gust of air (Air), interlocking gears (Tech), tree (Life), purple crystals (Magic), skull (Undead), waterdrop (Water), mountain-shaped rocks (Earth), and flame (Fire). These light up when the Portal is turned on, and the correct representative is turned on when a Skylander of that element is placed on the Portal. If it is a Swap Skylander with more than two elements, both elements light up.
Eon greets the Portal Master as usual and introduces you to Skylands, a magical world of wonder and mystery, protected by great heroes known as the Skylanders.
A trillion years ago, Skylands was a land of shadow and evil, ruled by a dark lord known as the Portal Lord, the first Portal Master in history. Portal Lord ruled all of Skylands with an iron fist, his minions made out of pure shadow and anyone who defied him was enslaved. There was no hope at all.
But one day, in the very core of Skylands, the floating metal sphere keeping all of Skylands floating, a light was lit, and from this light 24 bold heroes were born. These heroes were known as the Elementals, the first Skylanders ever, and had abilities greater than any known in the present. These Elementals challenged Portal Lord and his evil armies, and together, the squad of heroes used to good energy of Skylands' core to petrify Portal Lord in a Crystal of Power, which was then launched into space to hopefully never be heard of again. Having no leader, Portal Lord's army crumbled to dust, and Skylands was freed from evil.
No-one ever heard of the Elementals again. Until now. Some had said that they hid in a temple underground, waiting for Skylands to need them most. Others had said that they died, sacrificing their lives to trap Portal Lord in his Crystal of Power. But the truth is that having sent Portal Lord into space, their duty had been fulfilled, and so Skylands' core drained their light back into itself to later summon them when Skylands needed them most.
But a nearly a trillion years later, a dark entity emerged, known as Kaos. Kaos unleashed his evil throughout Skylands, causing the Skylanders to be shrunk and sent to Earth. But when this happened, the light keeping the Elementals inside Skylands' core was disturbed, sending this light to Earth along with the Skylanders.
Before now, all of the regular Skylanders had been found and returned to Skylands. But as of today, you, the Portal Master, have found the legendary Elementals, and at just the right time. During its voyage through the galaxies, Portal Lord, trapped inside his Crystal of Power, managed to allign itself with the 100 Stars of Power scattered throughout the universe, destroying the Crystal of Power and rewarding Portal Lord with the ability to teleport between the dimensions. It has recently been discovered that Portal Lord is gathering an army in each dimension and each point of time, with hope to wage a war against Skylands to reclaim what was once his.
Now, it is up to you, the Portal Master, to destroy Portal Lord for good and save Skylands.
Levels and Brief DescriptionsEdit
Captain Flynn travels across Skylands, being waved at by his many admirers after the events of Skylanders: Trap Team. He talks to himself, saying how boring it had gotten lately. When a strange-looking thunderstorm is just ahead of him, he decides to investigate it, which is supported by his admirers. As he flies inside the cloud, he sees the figure of Portal Lord (despite not recognising the villain) before his ship is hit by a bolt of lightning, which sends him crashing into a never-before seen island where all of the elements are in harmony. Elemental Island. Captain Flynn, in desperate need of help, attempts to summon the Skylanders.
Once placing a Skylander on the Portal of Power, you have to explore the island and find the components for a Portal of Power, which will be used to contact Master Eon. Once the Portal has been built, Master Eon will tell you about the island and explain who Flynn saw in the thundercloud. He then magically converts Flynn's ship into a small city on the island (despite Flynn's protests), surrounded by walls, so that Flynn and the Skylanders may be safe.
In this level, Skylanders of the Life Element and Earth Element will be stronger. One Giant Gate, one Swap Gate (Fire and Air Swap Skylander), and one Traptanium Gate will be found in this level. As well as that, one Earth Gate, one Tech Gate, and one Fire Gate can be found. In the Swap gate, a Rocket Swap Zone is found. In the Earth Gate and Fire Gate, the two hats of the level can be found. In the Tech Gate, the Story Scroll can be found. The Story Scroll is vital to the story of the level, as it explains the history of a small city of people living on the island can be found (this is why the Tech Gate is the easiest Gate to find).
In this level, you will be introduced to all of these Gates and also the basic enemies. To complete the level, you will have to find a rescue the small city from a horde of enemies.
At the end of the level, the small city will have been too destroyed to continue living in it, so its inhabitants are moved to Elemental City, the hub of the game.
In Between levelsEdit
The city leader from the last level is a bear-man called General Beehives. General Beehives will explain how the city was thriving for months until the Chompies and Greebles came. General Beehives also explains how their Priestess, Lady Osa, travels to the Defended Temple every three weeks, and she had just left before the Chompies and Greebles attacked. It is the Skylander's job to return her to Elemental City.
In this level, Skylanders of the Water Element and Earth Element will be stronger. One Swap Gate (Tech and Magic Swap Skylander) and one Traptanium Gate can be found. Inside the Swap Gate a Dig Swap Zone is found. Inside the Traptanium Gate one of three hats can be found. There is also a Fire-Undead-Tech-Air Chronal Gate and Life-Water-Earth-Magic Dimensional Gate. This level explains how to use the Challenge Gates. There is also a Water Gate, where the second hat can be found, and a Fire Gate, where Tree Spirit's Soul Gem is found. After defeating a Battle Gate, you will be able to perform a platforming act to reach the third hat.
In this level, you will have to find the parts to assemble a cannon to shoot down a Greeble ship and rescue the Priestess from the Greebles' captivity. Once rescued, you will have to take her to the Defended Temple, where you can also acquire the Soul Gem for Deep Blue. Make sure to do it before completing the level.
In Between LevelsEdit
The Priestess, once returned, is greeted by the new inhabitants of Elemental City, and Flynn. The Priestess informs Beehives, Flynn, and the Skylander that while she was held captive on the Greebles' ship, she saw the leader contact an entity she once thought had been destroyed: Portal Lord. Portal Lord had told his Greebles to destroy the small city and exploit its Shadow and Light Gems buried underneath. Portal Lord also revealed that he was sending a more useful army to the Temple in Snowfoot Hills.
There is nothing that you can interact with in Elemental City at the moment except for the Map Room inside the main building, which from here you can replay past levels (except for Elemental City).
In this level, Skylanders of the Air Element and Water Element will be stronger. One Giant Gate and one Traptanium Gate can be found. Inside the Giant Gate two Elemental Chests can be found, which can only be opened by a Skylander of the right element, and one of the three hats can be found. Inside the Traptanium Gate another of the three hats can be found. There is also a Earth-Tech-Magic-Air Galactic Gate. There is also an Air Gate, where the story scroll can be found, and a Magic Gate, where the last hat is found. By completing an in-game minigame of a maze with non-movable blocks, you can access an Elemental Chest and a key, which will be used to open a gate from which you can acquire Ratchet's Soul Gem.
In this level, you will have to make it to the top of Snowfoot Hills and defeat the enemies. Once at the top you will have to explore the Temple to find one of the Darklight Gems. Once you have found this Gem, you have completed the Level.
In Between LevelsEdit
Once back in Elemental City, Beehives is inspecting the Shadow and Light Gem, while also explaining how they can be used to power both good and evil contraptions, and also a good/evil one, meaning that good and evil can be fused.
Flynn asks why Portal Doofus (nickname for Portal Lord) would want the Gems. The Priestess says that according to an ancient Prophecy, when evil takes control over both good and evil, the whole universe will bow to evil's will. The Priestess believes that Portal Lord is trying to create a contraption so powerful, using good and evil, to transform Skylands into what it was before his banishment, so that everyone good and everyone evil will bow to him.
You can now explore the Elemental City, by taking part in its Arena to open the Gate tat leads to the previously unreachable treasure area inside the main building, where you can claim lots of gold and also upgrade your Skylanders with the Power Pod. In front of it is a present, which has a Winged Sapphire.
When you are ready to continue, go see Beehives. Beehives will say that a scout has seen an army of Portal Lord's minions in the making over at Cold Lava Fountains.
Cold Lava FountainsEdit
In this level, Skylanders of the Water Element and Fire Element will be stronger. One Giant Gate, one Swap Gate (Life and Undead Swap Skylander) and one Traptanium Gate can be found. Inside the Giant Gate one of the three hats can be found. Inside the Traptanium Gate Puss 'n Bow's Soul Gem can be found. Inside the Swap Gate there is a Climb Swap Zone and a present containing the second hat. There is also a Magic-Undead-Earth-Tech Dimensional Gate. There is also an Undead Gate, where the story scroll can be found, a Fire Gate, where the last hat is found, and a Tech Gate, where Incendio's Soul Gem is found. There is also a tunnel labyrinth, which can lead to an Elemental Chest or Fireworks' Soul Gem.
You will have to make your way around the map to find three cannons and use them to shoot down three Greeble ships each. Once each Greeble Ship has been destroyed, you have completed the level.
In Between LevelsEdit
Flynn and the Skylander walk up to the last ship. A Greeble tries to escape but Flynn through a rock at his head and saying, slowly, "Boom". Then, Tessa from Skylanders: Swap Force manages to find a way out of the ship, mcuh to Flynn's surprise. She then goes unconscious, and is returned to Elemental City.
Back in Elemental City, the Priestess informs you that Tessa isn't very well and will wake up in aproximately 2 days. She also says that instead of waiting for her to recover, the Skylander should head to Rocksolid Grasslands, where Ursid the Medic can be found.
Meanwhile, the Marketplace is now open, meaning you can play your daily Skystones, daily Swap Zone, daily Bolt Lock, and open your daily Elemental Chest. When you are ready to travel to Rocksolid Grasslands, go see Beehives.
In this level, Skylanders of the Life Element and Air Element will be stronger. One Swap Gate (Fire and Tech Swap Skylander) and one Traptanium Gate can be found. Inside the Traptanium Gate, Absailigator's Soul Gem can be found after completing a parkour mini-game. Inside the Swap Gate there is a Sneak Swap Zone and a present containing a Winged Sapphire. There is an Air-Earth-Undead-Life Dimensional Gate and a Magic-Earth-Water-Tech Chronal Gate. There is also an Earth Gate, where the story scroll can be found, a Water Gate, where a hat is found, and a Magic Gate, where Clank's Soul Gem is found.
To complete the level, you will have to make your way through Rocksolid Grasslands and all the way to Ursid's Hut. Once inside Ursid's Hut, Ursid the Medic will see that there is a Greeble ship flying above them. It crashes into the Hut, destroying the roof, and a Greeble quickly kidnaps Ursid right in front of the Skylander.
You will then have to assemble a cannon and shoot the ship down. Once you have shot the ship down, you will have to find Ursid the Medic inside the ship. Inside the ship there are lots of Greebles still left alive, so you will have to fight your way to him.
Ursid is lcoked away inside the prisons to the right, but if you look hard enough in the prisons to the left, you will be able to find Downloaded's Soul Gem. Complete the level by rescuing Ursid the Medic.
In Between LevelsEdit
Ursid and the Skylander have returned to Elemental City, where the Priestess has informed Ursid about Tessa. Ursid reports that he is going to need a revival aparatus, but the only one he knows the location of is in Technologically Advanced, a building recently overrun by Trolls in the centre of Robotic Fields.
All of the daily stands in the Marketplace will have been reset, all except for the gate to the Power Pod.
When you're ready to go to Robotic Fields, talk to Flynn.
In this level, Skylanders of the Tech Element and Undead Element will be stronger. One Swap Gate (Tech and Undead Swap Skylander) and one Giant Gate can be found. Inside the Giant Gate, a hat can be found once you have completed a light beam puzzle. Inside the Swap Gate there is a Teleport Swap Zone. There is a Fire-Water-Earth-Air Galactic Gate (where Air Breather's Soul Gem is rewarded after completing the puzzle) and a Fire-Water-Earth-Air Dimensional Gate. There is also an Undead Gate, where the story scroll can be found, a Tech Gate, where the second hat is found, and another Tech Gate, where The Stone Monkey's Soul Gem can be found.
To complete the level, you will need to find a way inside the barricaded Technologically Advanced (once you recah it of course) by arranging blocks (in this case compact garbage) to form a staircase to a key, which will open one of the two locks to enter Technologically Advanced. On the other side of the building, you will have to build a different arrangement of blocks to reach the second key.
Once you have opened Technologically Advanced, you will talk to Boss Man (from the same species as Trigger Happy) who will inform you that Trolls have broken in, barricaded the entrance, and taken hostages. He says that he will gladly give the Skylander the revival aparatus if he can save all seven hostages.
In one of the rooms where there is a hostage, you will be able to move a blcok out of the way to reveal a room where Crash's Soul Gem can be found.
Once you have been given the revival aparatus, the level ends.
In Between LevelsEdit
The Skylander returns to Elemental City with the aparatus, and Ursid the Medic successfully revives Tessa, much to Flynn's joy. Tessa informs them that Woodburrow has been destroyed, and she is the only survivor. In her escape she was caught by Greebles, who were mentioning an item called a Darklight Gem found in Bad Guy Cementery.
The Marketplace has been reset. You can now play all of your daily games.
When you're ready to go to Bad Guy Cementery to get the Darklight Gem, talk to Flynn.
Bad Guy CementeryEdit
The Elementals Edit
The Elementals are the 25 new Skylanders introduced, including Master Eon, the four dragon masters of the Legend of Spyro series, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet, and Clank. Despite being super powerful and can be played on all other Skylanders games, being they are backwards compatible, Elementals have a series of abilities, just like Swap Force had Swap Zone abilities.
|Dimensional Ability||Chronal Ability||Galactic Ability|
|Magic||Gladiatum||Umbrello||Puss 'n Bow|
Not being mentioned above, the All-Element Elemental Master Eon has all three of the Elemental Powers, allowing him to activate Dimensional gates, Time Control gates, and Galactic gates.
In Skylanders: Elementals, there are many new types of gates: Giant Gates, Swap Gates, Traptanium Gates... But the most interesting ones are the Gates that can only be activated by an Elemental. These Gates can be Dimensional gates, Time Control gates, or Galactic gates. They can only be opened by the Elemental with the correct ability and the right element. Every Challenge Gate has the ability's symbol in the center of a circular vortex, whcih is surrounded by two or four floating elemental symbols. An example is a Fire-Earth Galactic Gate, which can only be activated by Master Eon or a Fire Elemental with the Galactic ability or an Earth Elemental with the Galactic ability. The more common gates have four elements, while the rare ones have two.
The Dimensional gates can only be activated by the Elementals of the first column in the table and Master Eon. They activate mini-games which make the played Elemental have to take part in a labyrinth where he must travel between dimensions to acquire certain objects to reach the present, which contains a Legendary Treasure or Winged Sapphire. Elementals can switch into the dimensions (differenciated by being tinted purple, blue, yellow and green) by pressing on the right coloured button. An example is that a key is hidden in the yellow dimension, and you have a locked gate in the real world. You will need to activate the yellow dimension, grab the key, deactivate the yellow dimension, and unlock the gate in the real world.
The Chronal gates can only be activated by the Elementals of the second column in the table and Master Eon. They activate mini-games which make the played Elemental have to take part in a puzzle where he must time everything wisely as when he returns to the time button, everything is reset and what he did before happens again, but there are now two of him on the screen.
An example is a door that can only be opened by having a Skylander on a button. As soon as the Skylander leaves the button the door closes again. Behind the door is a key to unlock a gate. Send the Skylander to the button, hold it down for enough time for you to get the key, and then return to the time button. You will see that the first Skylander will have gone after the button, while you are in control of a second. Get the key before the first Skylander leaves the button and open the gate to get the present, holding a Legendary Treasure or Winged Sapphire.
The Galactic gates can only be activated by the Elementals of the third column in the table and Master Eon. They activate mini-games which make the played Elemental have to take part in a multi-platform puzzle where there are multiple portals you can walk through to access different interactive points to open a gate, where you will find a present with a Legendary Treasure or Winged Sapphire.
An example is a two-storey platform where there is a portal leading to the second story, where there is a switch. Turn the switch to drop a block which you can then teleport back to the first floor and jump on top of the blcok to reach a key to unlock the gate with the present.
History of Some ElementalsEdit
Some of the new Skylanders in the game aren't exactly new. There are characters from the Legend of Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, and Ratchet and Clank.
Crash is the only new Elemental from the old Crash Bandicoot series by Activision. One of his powers is a direct reference to Crash of the Titans.
Ratchet and Clank are new Tech Elementals, their designs taken directly from the upcoming Ratchet and Clank movie, 2015. Ratchet's third attack consists of wearing suits which were introduced in some of the Ratchet and Clank games. It is unknown if they would be allowed in the game, only if Insomniac Games (the creators of Ratchet and Clank) allowed it.
Ignitus, Terrador, Cyril, Volteer, and Malefor are the new Elementals, all dragons, taken from Activision's The Legend of Spyro, which was then rebooted as Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. These Elementals all have very different attacks, despite being similar as they are all dragons.