|Developer(s)||Beenox (Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, 3DS)|
|Platform(s)|| Xbox One
Xbox 360 PS3 PS4 Wii Wii U 3DS PS Vita
| Single Player
|Predecessor||Skylanders: Aqua Squad|
- "Go Beyond!"
- —The game's tagline
Skylanders: Cosmos is a new entry in the Skylanders series, developed by Beenox and published by Activision. It is the sequel to Skylanders: Aqua Squad. The big focus of the game is the Cosmic Rangers, a league of Skylanders who come from a distant star. There are 24 new core characters and 16 returning lightcore characters. There are also 16 new Cosmic Rangers. The game combines elements from Skylanders: Swap Force and Skylanders: Aqua Squad, such as four-player co-op, water areas, and Giants/Swap Force zones.
The people of Skylands prospered from the rich amount of beauty and fresh air on their planet. Yet some soon became anxious. They would gaze at the constellations in wonder. However, there was nothing they could do.
Ten years later, Skylands was attacked by a squadron of mysterious baddies. The Skylanders, despite their bravery, were defeated and banished to another dimension. Suddenly, a league of sixteen heroes, known as Cosmic Rangers, fought back. They soon won by enemy surrender. The strange foes were then sealed in a separate dimension. However, they somehow escaped and fled to the Skylanders' dimension to bring chaos.
Prepared for the worst, the Cosmic Rangers set out to find the Skylanders, who would be vital members in their quest for good.
Like the previous game, some Skylanders have much larger roles than in the first three games. For example, Boomer is used as a main character all through the story (although Spyro still takes the lead role).
Every Skylander from the previous games is compatible with Skylanders: Cosmos.
- Master Eon
- Mage Gaze
- Aurora (Cosmic Ranger)
- Hoax (Cosmic Ranger)
- Puzzled Riddle ''(Lightcore)''
- Stellar Star Strike ''(Lightcore)''
- Tinder (Cosmic Ranger)
- Division (Cosmic Ranger)
- Super Nova ''(Lightcore)''
- Charred Smolderdash ''(Lightcore)''
- Ghoul Goyle
- Polterheist (Cosmic Ranger)
- Nightmare (Cosmic Ranger)
- Flash Speed Demon (Lightcore)
- High-Speed Roller Brawl (Lightcore)
- Leaf Blower
- Timber (Cosmic Ranger)
- Chimera (Cosmic Ranger)
- Hornet Bumble Blast (Lightcore)
- Crafty Zoo Lou (Lightcore)
- Flow Motion
- Cyclone (Cosmic Ranger)
- Steam (Cosmic Ranger)
- Barrier Sonic Boom (Lightcore)
- Acrobat Scratch (Lightcore)
- Fist Bump
- Mystic (Cosmic Ranger)
- Pick Pocket (Cosmic Ranger)
- Glimmering Flash Wing (Lightcore)
- Gobbler Slobber Tooth (Lightcore)
- Tank (Cosmic Ranger)
- Cavalier (Cosmic Ranger)
- Automatic Wind-Up (Lightcore)
- Twisted Gizmo (Lightcore)
- Conch (Cosmic Ranger)
- Torrent (Cosmic Ranger)
- Pumped Punk-Shock (Lightcore)
- Brawler Slam Bam (Lightcore)
Main Article: Skylanders: Cosmos/Catchphrases
Main Article: Cosmic Rangers
The game adds many interesting new mechanics, such as Anti-Gravity zones, which are only available to the Cosmic Rangers. Attacks are now more balanced, adding a thin layer of strategy, although not too much (so that the game isn't too confusing for children).
Four-player co-op is now more refined, with players being able to team up and interact with each other. For example, Skylanders can now perform team specials, such as Team Stack, Throw, and Team Blast.
Various mechanics from Spyro's Adventure, Giants, and Swap Force are reused. Boulders, Feats Of Strength, and Giant Chests return. Swap Force zones, Shock & Bolt, and Lock Puzzles also are back. Sliding areas from Swap Force are back, although they are more complex.
Skylanders Online is back, except this time, players can try out a new Obstacle Course mode.
The original Portal of Power from Skylanders: Swap Force is once again returning, so players are not required to buy a new one. The Cosmic Rangers work fine with the current hardware.
PS3/XBOX 360/Wii/Wii U/PS4/XBOX ONE:
- Portal-Owners Pack: Includes Sandstorm, Leaf Blower, and Brawler Slam Bam
- Starter Pack: Includes Portal of Power, Sandstorm, Leaf Blower, and Brawler Slam Bam
- Portal-Owners Pack: Includes Tank, Splash, and Boosted Sproing
- Starter Pack: Includes Portal of Power, Tank, Splash, and Boosted Sproing
Chapter 1: The Cosmic Rangers
Chapter 2: Cosmic Carnival
Chapter 3: Stardust Station
Chapter 4: Smoggy Skies
Chapter 5: Time Winder's Super Storm (BOSS BATTLE)
Chapter 6: Black Abyss
Chapter 7: Sun-Drenched Dunes
Chapter 8: Shadow Seas
Chapter 9: Comet Citadel
Chapter 10: Comet Kingdom (BOSS BATTLE)
Chapter 11: Meteor Mines
Chapter 12: Galactic Express
Chapter 13: TBA
Chapter 14: TBA
Chapter 15: Cosmic Coaster (BOSS BATTLE)
The sequel, Skylanders: Unleashed, was released sometime in July or August. It has a feature where your Skylander can morph into a stronger form during gameplay.
- Anti-Gravity Zones were originally in Skylanders: Aqua Squad, but were scrapped and later used in Skylanders: Cosmos.
- It is the first game to have online multiplayer.
- Fist Bump has been confirmed to be in Skylanders: Trap Team as a core Skylander of the Earth element, which is the exact same as the one here (this Fist Bump was revealed first).